GET A CARD
GET A TEMPORARY CARD ONLINE HERE and access resources and programs right away! Enter your zipcode in the box on the Suffolk County Library Locator page to find your home library. (Registration must be completed at your home library within 30 days to get full access.)
GET A LIBRARY CARD at the Customer Services Desk at the Main Building or Station Branch:
- Complete an application.
- With signed permission of a parent, minors (to age eighteen) can be issued an HPL card when at least one parent has been issued an adult card.
- Show two current pieces of identification with your name and a Huntington School District #3 address.
The following forms of identification are acceptable:
- Current NYS driver’s license
- Current NYS non-driver photo ID card
- Current NYS auto registration or insurance card
- Rent receipt or current lease agreement
- Current real estate tax receipt
- Property deed
- Any piece of mail delivered within the last 30 days
- Student ID or report card
Juvenile Library Card: for a child from birth through 11 years old, who has not completed 6th grade
Teen Library Card: for a youth who is at least 12 years old, not yet 18, and has completed 6th grade
Senior Library Card: Show proof that you are 62 or older.
RENEW A LIBRARY CARD: Show one current piece of identification with your name and a Huntington School District #3 address.
FINES AND FEES SCHEDULE 2012-2013
- Items coming from other libraries may have different fines or rules.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if $20.00 or more is owed.
- Computer privileges will be suspended if $100.00 or more is owed.
- Late fees/fines for Senior Citizens are waived except for new items.
|LATE FEES, PER ITEM PER DAY|
|DVDs, BluRays, video games||$1.00|
|Other items from adult collection
|Other items from children’s collection||$0.05|
|Maximum late fee charged per item||$3.00|
|LOST or DAMAGED MATERIALS CHARGES|
|Paperbacks and magazines||$5.00|
|CD or DVD case
|Video Game and/or Booklet||Full replacement cost of game|
|CD and/or Booklet
||Full replacement cost of CD|
||Full replacement cost of book|
|FAXES, COPIES AND PRINTING (per page)
|Photocopies: color/B&W||$0.25 / $0.10|
|Printing from Public Computers: color/ B&W||$0.25 / $0.10|
|Adult program fee per class
|Senior program fee per class
|2 GB Flash drive||$7.50|
|After-Hours Non-Profit Use of Community Rooms